Windows and doors are essential to any home or office space and there are many different kinds of windows and doors to pick from, which can easily become overwhelming. If you’re looking to get any of your home or office’s windows or doors replaced, aluminum might be the best way to go. There are many different materials that windows and doors can come in, but let us break down the main benefits of opting for aluminum windows and doors.
Benefits of aluminum windows and doors:
- The aesthetic of your home or office will become much sleeker (more of a contemporary style)
- Whatever the shape or size of your windows or doors, aluminum can almost always be molded to fit the desired shape
- Aluminum windows and doors can be used for either residential or commercial buildings (it looks great on both!)
- Aluminum windows usually come with a powder-coated finish to make them last as long as possible
- Aluminum usually only needs to be cleaned a couple of times in a year
- Aluminum is not bulky and will not interfere with the amount of light that will be able to shine through your windows
- Aluminum is lightweight but also quite durable
- Aluminum materials can be easily recyclable (environmentally friendly)
- If you live or work in an area with extreme weather conditions, aluminum is a good choice because it is very durable and resistant to corrosion (it will not form rust)
- Aluminum is great for keeping the building they’re on insulated (energy efficient)
- Aluminum offers a high level of resistance to unexpected fires
- Aluminum tends to be cheaper than wood
Now that you know all the benefits of having aluminum windows and doors installed on your home or office, you can see how amazing aluminum can actually be. However, aluminum windows and doors are discouraged to use for homes that are close to the beach because the saltwater in the air can cause surface damage to the frames and hardware on doors and windows.
We at Anytime Windows and Doors are proud to offer thermally improved aluminum frames for windows and patio doors that have thermal breaks included in order to divide interior and exterior surfaces, reducing the overall transfer of heat into your home or office.
If you have more questions, if you need windows and/or doors installed, or if you would just like to get in contact with us, we’d love to hear from you!