As do most homes, they have many windows sprinkled on almost every side of the house. Therefore, especially on the sides of the windows facing outwards, these windows get dirty easily and quickly. If you have a larger home that has many levels, these windows can be a daunting task to try and reach in order to clean them. We’ll be giving you some tips on how to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
Tips on window cleaning:
- Start by rinsing the windows on the outside of your home with a hose (to reach high distances, if necessary)
- Fill a bucket with warm water and glass cleaning soap, wipe the windows with a cloth and the soap mixture (you can use a mop on a pole for higher windows)
- Rinse off all the soap with the hose
- Spay the windows with a commercial cleaning product specifically for windows (or you can use a homemade water and vinegar mixture)
- For stains or bird droppings, let them soak in the cleaning mixture for a few minutes before wiping them off (do not use harsh scrubbers that will scratch the windows)
- Use a squeegee to remove the excess cleaning product
- For window screens, rinse with water and spray with your vinegar solution, then rinse with water again (let dry before placing the windows back on)
Mistakes to avoid when cleaning your windows:
- Don’t clean them on a hot day. Not only will this make the job harder, but the cleaning products will also dry onto the glass before you can wipe them off, ultimately leaving unwanted streaks
- Do not spray any cleaning product on top of dirt or dust, this will cause scratching (rinse with water first!)
- Don’t be stingy with the amount of cleaner you use, the more the better (especially for hard to remove stains)
- Do not use an old rag that may have dirt on it already, instead, use a new microfiber cloth or a squeegee
- Don’t clean all of your windows in one day (take your time for the best results)
If you have any trouble reaching the windows on your home that need to be cleaned, finding the right products to use, removing harsh stains or streaks, or you just don’t know where to start, feel free to give us a call and we will be sure to get the job done with your highest satisfaction! We service all of LA County, Orange County, and Ventura Country.